Re: [exim] Sharing mta

Author: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sharing mta
On Sat, 10 Mar 2012, Lennart Ackermans wrote:

> node. My question is, how does the Exim sendmail binary (which according to
> the man page seems to be called "receiving process") tell the smtp daemon
> to process emails in the queue? E.g., is there a socket or pipe I don't
> know of?

/reads docs for 5 minutes

I'm going to guess that the final thing the receiving process
does, after it has accepted the message, but before it exits,
is to fork a new exim instance with -Mc <message-id> as the
arguments.

This is in contrast to calling a queue runner to process items
sitting in the queue that were not able to be delivered earlier.

  Dave Lugo     dlugo@???      No spam, thanks.
  Are you the police?  . . .  No ma'am, we're sysadmins.