Re: [exim] Sharing mta

Author: Lennart Ackermans
To: Dave Lugo
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sharing mta
Aah, I was incorrectly assuming before that the smtp daemon would take care
of sending all outgoing emails. (As a sidenote, is there not some logic in
my way of thinking: why would a program so complex allow setuid as root?)

Anyways, this means I have to rethink my setup. The considerations are:
route outgoing smtp traffic from the containers correctly to the internet,
make some construction to allow containers to spawn sendmail on the host
node or use an smtp connection from container to host as Bill Hacker
suggested. Feel free to comment. Thanks for your help so far.

Regards,

Lennart Ackermans