[exim] Connecting with a cert

Author: Norman Walsh
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Connecting with a cert
Hello world,

Apologies if this comes across as a bit clueless.

I run exim (4.77) on my laptop as the MTA for mail delivery. I've got it
configured so that it filters mail destined for ...@myemployer.com to
my employer's SMTP server and everything else going off through mailhop.
It's all working very nicely.

Except that apparently I'm inconveniencing the IT folks by not
authenticating to mail.myemployer.com with a cert. I expect that's
running some flavor of Microsoft Exchange but I could be wrong.

I've got the .p12 cert I'm supposed to use and I've poked around on
the web looking for how to configure exim to do this with no success.

Pointer to the clueless n00b's instructions most appreciated.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@???> | Reality is what refuses to go away when