Re: [exim] Connecting with a cert

Author: Norman Walsh
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Connecting with a cert
Phil Pennock <exim-users@???> writes:
> In short:
>
> (1) Convert .p12 to separate private key and public key files

Thank you! That step was totally unmentioned everywhere I looked.

>   (2) Configure the SMTP Transport used by Exim, for this connection,
>       with the "tls_certificate" and "tls_privatekey" options.

Ok, this gets me further along:

remote_smtp_myemployer:
debug_print = "T: remote_smtp_myemployer for $local_part@$domain"
driver = smtp
port = 225
hosts_require_tls = mail.myemployer.com
hosts_require_auth = mail.myemployer.com
tls_certificate = /usr/local/exim/nwalsh.myemployer.cert
tls_privatekey = /usr/local/exim/nwalsh.myemployer.key

Except that exim apparently needs the password for the key. Where/how
do I configure that?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--