Re: [exim] SMTP command timeout on connection - how to troub…

Góra strony
Autor: Scott Neader
Dla: exim users
Temat: Re: [exim] SMTP command timeout on connection - how to troubleshoot
I opened a ticket with EdgeWave, to see if they were aware of any
particular problems talking to Exim. Their response was this:

Per RFC 2821, If your mail server is issuing a 250 response at the end of
> the smtp session then that means that the message was successfully
> delivered. (as far as the sender is concerned).
>
> I am not aware of any general issues with sending mail to exim mail
> servers.

I do agree they have a point... when Exim sends the 250 OK... shouldn't
Exim then deposit the message into the local mailbox or whatever needs to
happen at this point? Doesn't it seem wrong for Exim to send a 250 OK, but
not have actually accepted the message?

- Scott