Re: [exim] mailman in a jail(8) (for people without FreeBSD …

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Moritz Wilhelmy, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] mailman in a jail(8) (for people without FreeBSD experience: think chroot(8))
On 2012-02-20 at 03:13 -0500, Phil Pennock wrote:
> As long as you're not doing so, try the patch (that's both below and
> attached). I don't currently have any Jails setup, so can't actually
> *test* it, but it does compile. *cough* On FreeBSD 7, and there may
> have been incompatible changes in later releases.
>
> This is relative to git head, but should apply back for a release or two
> without issues, I think.
>
> Please let me know how you get on, if you try it, so we can consider it
> for inclusion in the next release (and you don't get stuck maintaining a
> patch locally).

Forgot to mention: to use, add a "jail_identifier" option to the pipe
transport; it's an expanded string. If the result of expansion is a
number, that's taken to be a Jail ID (jid), per jls(8). If not, some
logic lifted from jls.c is used to walk the sysctl API for getting the
list of jails, and then to try matching by exact case-insensitive string
comparison against the jail hostname, the jail mount path and the jail
IPv4 address. The first match found is used.

-Phil