Re: [exim] Exim: Select smarthost on basis of receipient add…

Author: Muhammad Irfan
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim: Select smarthost on basis of receipient address
Hello,

Currently i have only one primary mail server on exim instance hosts all
users mailboxes with IMAP/POP3 and for sending SMTP. All users authenticate
via IMAP/POP3.

Now i want to separate exim instances geographically to improve email
send/recieve mechanism without changing domain name. I want to retain @
example.com either side. And want each user mailbox will be host at there
local DC exim server.

Simply i want to have two mail servers one in USA DC and another in China
DC. I will maintain china users lists in file in china exim server
mail1.example.com and US users lists in file in US exim server
mail.example.com

Scenario is when someone from china office sends an email to
chinauser@??? it will connect to mail1.example.com in china and
through router it checks chinauser exists in file if it exists than email
will deliever locally and if email send to usa-user@??? it again
connects to mail1.example.com and checks in file if user exists certainly
not because email is for US user it skips first and will go to next router
and relay email to US exim server which will deliever email.

Secondly, if user from china sends an email to external domain first two
routers skip and email directly delievers from this china exim server
through dnslookup router.

Same scenario will work from US exim server. Hoping i explained my
requirements well enough.

Can someone please point to achieve this through examples,docs etc.

Looking forward for your help.

Thank you.