Re: [exim] Exim: Select smarthost on basis of receipient add…

Author: Muhammad Irfan
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim: Select smarthost on basis of receipient address
Benson,

I am using CENTOS 5.
The only reason i am relaying emails from china (mail1.example.com SMTP) to
US host contains all user mailboxes including china & US users on (
mail.example.com). While if china users sends an email to external domains
i want those emails to send through china SMTP mail1.example.com because
most of the china users sends emails within china to external domains
through this they don't have to route to US host mail.example.com and than
it delievers back in china. I am having huge no. of complains from china
users when sending emails with attachments. Fortunately i have machine in
china DC. I installed exim on it and configured as STMP server for china
users.

I foresee sending emails from china to china host mail1.example.com will
improve email sending. Further, i will authenticate all china users via
STMP AUTH through /etc/exim/passwd file and will store china users info
there to authenticate. While for email recieving china users still need to
fetch emails from US mail.example.com. At this point i am also looking to
replicate china user mailboxes from US to china host through unix rsync
command. Don't know it's suitable or not.

For email client for china users i will declare mail.example.com in
incoming mail server to fetch emails from US host mail.example.com and will
set mail1.example.com in outgoing mail server option to send email for
china users.

I declared send_to_gatewary router just above dnslookup as follows.
Also, please check following routers those will work as anticipitation ?
And help me on this this solution is appropriate for my situation or not.

Thanks in advance.

send_to_gateway:
driver = manualroute
domains = mail.example.com
transport = remote_smtp
ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
route_list = * mail.example.com
host_find_failed = defer
no_more

dnslookup:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains : mail.example.com