Re: [exim] Ratelimit

Author: Ian Porter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Ratelimit
Hi Heiko

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Heiko Schlittermann
<hs@???> wrote:
> Ian Porter <ian@???> (Mo 12 Dez 2011 22:10:19 CET):
>> Hi Darren
>>
>> Thanks very much
>>
>> I have just noticed that the
>> /var/spool/exim4/db/ratelimit.db
>> has not been created ? and also when I do remove those files to
>> recreate that directory it does not get created. I am guessing that I
>> may be missing something ? or do I not need that.
>
> (I didn't follow the complete thread…)
>
> The directory /var/spool/exim4 needs to exist. The db/ subdirectory will
> be created by the Exim process. BUT the /var/spool/exim4/ directory
> needs to be writable by the user Exim is running
> as. You may check the user:
>
>    exim4 -bP exim_user

Thanks, yeah the directory is being created by the exim process but
the ratelimit db within that directory is not. I am guessing it could
be a switch or option on the exim process to start the ratelimit db ?
or I am missing something from the install.

Regards
Ian