Re: [exim] Archiving Problems

Author: Chris Wilson
To: Dean Bishop
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Archiving Problems
Hi Dean,

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011, Dean Bishop wrote:

>     Just when I thought I was getting it.

>     The duplication is in the outgoing_local_copy.  There is a third
> copy in the incoming_local_copy but that is expected and desired.  One
> for the sender, one for the recipient and, unfortunately, one for the
> alias.

>     I had meant to just put the skipping router at the top or the
> router list which would be just above the archiving routers.
> Complicating things is that this is a cPanel system so I am limited in
> which sections I can modify as updates and such overwrite other changes
> :(.

>     So the beginning of my routers would look something like this:

Did you already have an "aliases" router, or did you add it because I used
it as an example?

If you cannot modify your existing routers, which have "driver =
redirect", despite using cpanel, then you cannot use the solution that I
proposed, period. Do not add another redirect router, or at least don't
blame me if you do and it causes chaos.

You may wish to remove the management of exim.conf from cpanel. It
shouldn't be that hard to manage it manually. It should not have a copy of
your list of domains or local users or anything like that.

Cheers, Chris.
--
\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig@???> Cambs UK |