Re: [exim] adding a delay to smarthost transport

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] adding a delay to smarthost transport
paul cooper wrote:
> My ISP limits me to 150 emails/hr (even through their cpanel mailman
> application!)
> i would like to add a delay =30 secs to my own exim config so i can deal
> with the mailing list 'in house'
> Im using ubuntu server + exim.
>
> Its not clear (to me) where and how to configure the delay ACL
> Anyone able to offer any pointers
>

> thanks

So long as you can ID the sending MLM/app, all you need is the clause
that detects it and a line with:

'delay = 30s'

Doesn't much matter what 'phase' of the smtp session it is hung onto,
but in general earlier is better.

If the invocation does NOT travel by, or is not exclusively by, way-of a
proper smtp 'session', eg; the binary is called from on same-box - then
it will either/also have to appear in an acl_not_smtp construct, which
may not yet exist in any form at present in your config.

Dunno exactly where Cpanel enters any of that...

Bill
--
韓家標