Re: [exim] trusted_users option has stopped working for me

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] trusted_users option has stopped working for me
mark@??? wrote:
> I'm up to Exim 4.71 with Ubuntu Lucid.
>
> I've got some procmail jobs that send out email using Exim, as a named
> system user.
>
>     :0
>     |/usr/sbin/exim4 -f liaison@??? $SUBSCRIBER

> In this example, the user is liaison
>
> liaison:x:1007:1007:liaison,,,:/home/liaison:/bin/bash
>
> The body of the email being sent out contains headers like this
>
>> From Debian-exim Thu Nov 3 02:27:45 2011
> Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 22:27:26 EDT
> From: liaison@???
> To: xxxxx@???
>

> That did not use to happen.

? WHAT 'did not use to happen' ... or what was it that happened BEFORE?

> The Exim Configuration file contains
>
> trusted_users = "Debian-exim:liaison:listmast"
>
> Is this a new security feature introduced recently ?

'trusted_users' is VERY old.

4.71 is stale, but not as old.

There HAVE been several rolling security improvements.
Some MAY affect who can utilize the binary or re-load a config.

Or not.

> Something that I
> have to enable when compiling Exim ?
>
> Got any troubleshooting tips for me ?
>
> Thanks
>
> mark

Not YET.... not sure what is being asked..

;-)

Bill
--
韓家標