Re: [exim] Need Help: Exim Configuration

Author: Lorens Kockum
To: Faisal Naeem
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Need Help: Exim Configuration
On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 02:06:38PM +0000, Faisal Naeem wrote:

>    Hello Everyone,
>    Please help me out.  I running Exim in my company.  Whenever, my
>    outgoing email queue reaches its limit I receive an alert email on
>    sysadmin@???.
>    I need to change the email address from sysadmin@??? to
>    info@??? so that i can receive alert email on different email
>    account..

I think that that mail is generated by something else than stock
exim. Since the "sysadmin@???" is probably not used in a
lot of places, I would simply search for the e-mail address in
question in your configuration files:

    grep -r sysadmin@??? /etc /var/spool/cron

If that fails, look in /etc/cron* /var/spool/cron/* for
invocations of some custom alert script. You can use the
frequency and time of generation of the mail to narrow your
search. For example, I suppose that your alert script is
executed more than once an hour, so you don't have to look at
/etc/cron.hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly.

If you still don't find it, post a sample message (with all the
headers). There will be a clue somewhere!

Another option that might solve your underlying problem would be
to change "sysadmin" to an alias that redirects to "info".

Hope this helps.