Re: [exim] Recipient verify only for non-authenticated users

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Recipient verify only for non-authenticated users
Colin wrote:

> On 27/10/2011 11:52, W B Hacker wrote:
>> This won't break anything:
>>
>> =====
>>
>> # XSR Static route test
>> #
>> #deny
>> warn
>>
>> logwrite = entering XSR test
>> condition = ${if eq {1}{${lookup{$domain}lsearch \
>> {/etc/staticroutes}{1}{0}}}}
>> !condition = verify recipient/callout=30s,defer_ok,use_sender
>> log_message = XSR found $domain in static route file
>>
>> =====
>>
> Unfortunately it does break things.

As posted - it had an error. Mea culpa.

!condition = verify

The corrected version posted shortly thereafter:

!verify = .....

Should work.

> As with the other attempt apparently
> verify recipient cannot be used as a condition and thus all messages
> fail with a temporary local problem error.
>
> I've had some time to check things out and the working solution is as
> follows:
>
> deny
> condition = ${if eq {1}{${lookup{$domain}lsearch \
> {/etc/staticroutes}{1}{0}}}}
> !verify = recipient/callout=30s,defer_ok,use_sender
> log_message = $local_part@$domain : Recipient verify failed in
> staticroute file

...and does so?

> I wanted to use the message ID instead of local_part@domain but couldn't
> find a working variable for it. I saw some docs saying $message_id and
> others saying $message_exim_id but neither worked.

Not sure in which phase you are applying the above clause, but
$message_id may simply not yet be available if it is an early one.

Worse it may be absent altogether from certain correspondent MTA/MUA
combinations.

--
韓家標