Re: [exim] Recipient verify only for non-authenticated users

Author: Jethro R Binks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Recipient verify only for non-authenticated users
On Fri, 28 Oct 2011, Graeme Fowler wrote:

> Quite. In order to achieve some clarity, please let me say:
>
> > A triggered 'accept' is not 'permanent' until end of DATA. Period.
>
> This assertion is wrong.
>
> An "accept" verb in an ACL simply means that the ACL in question has
> accepted *whatever it is processing* at that time. An "accept" in any
> other ACL than the final one in the flow simply passes control to the
> NEXT ACL.
>
> In the case of DATA (which is usually the final one), it is a permanent
> acceptance of a message. In *any other ACL*, control passes to the next
> ACL.

Maybe "continue" would have been a better verb to use, but that'll history
now.

Unless we grow a "use_accept_when_i_said_continue" knob :)

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.