Re: [exim] Recipient verify only for non-authenticated users

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Recipient verify only for non-authenticated users
Bill, all

On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 09:07 +0000, W B Hacker wrote:
> *heavy sigh*

Quite. In order to achieve some clarity, please let me say:

> A triggered 'accept' is not 'permanent' until end of DATA. Period.

This assertion is wrong.

An "accept" verb in an ACL simply means that the ACL in question has
accepted *whatever it is processing* at that time.
An "accept" in any other ACL than the final one in the flow simply
passes control to the NEXT ACL.

In the case of DATA (which is usually the final one), it is a permanent
acceptance of a message. In *any other ACL*, control passes to the next
ACL.

> A triggered 'deny' class verb is 'permanent' AT ONCE. WHEREVER it is.

Indeed. For whichever part of the ACL flow you're in, a "deny" is
immediate.

Please don't muddy the waters.

Graeme