Re: [exim] Recipient verify only for non-authenticated users

Author: Colin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Recipient verify only for non-authenticated users

On 27/10/2011 11:18, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 11:05 +0100, Colin wrote:
>> Hi Graeme, thanks for the reply,
>> I am unsure that I follow it completely. In my understanding, the
>> require verify should only apply if the condition is met.
> "require" is a verb, along with "warn", "deny" and friends. This means
> you actually have two ACL statements there - the first is the "warn",
> with the condition but no action; the second the "require" with no
> condition.
>
> What you probably want is something like:
>
> require log_message = Couldn't verify recipient
>          condition   = ${if eq {1}\
>                        {${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/staticroutes}\
>                        {1}{0}}}}
>          verify      = recipient/callout=30s,defer_ok,use_sender

> Graeme

Thank you for that, unfortunately it exhibits exactly the same
behaviour. I get the message logged for every message that does not
exist in staticroutes and it looks like they are also failing so I had
to remove it.

It looks like something in the condition isn't working and is either
passing everything, or is passing messages where the sender is in
staticroutes rather than just the recipient.

I need to have a play about with the ACL later when it is out of hours
and not breaking people's mail I think.

Regards,
Colin.