Re: [exim] how to skip rbl checking for whitelisted hosts

Author: Todd Lyons
To: kerry
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] how to skip rbl checking for whitelisted hosts
On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Kerry Seibold <kerry@???> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am running exim-4.63-5.el5_6.2 and I have created a whitelist hosts file:
> /etc/exim/filters/whitelist-hosts
>
> I want the RBL checking skipped if the sender hostname is in the whitelist file. Can someone tell me what to add to my
> config file and where?
>
> Here is the RBL snippet from my config file:
> # Mark it White
> warn dnslists = hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com=127.0.0.1
>     set acl_c0 = white - dnswl - $sender_fullhost
>
> # Mark it Yellow
> warn dnslists = hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com=127.0.0.3
>     set acl_c1 = yellow - $sender_fullhost
>     message    = X-Warning: $sender_host_address is in a yellow list at $dnslist_domain

I'd try this:

> # Using the Black List
> deny dnslists = hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com=127.0.0.2

       hosts        != lsearch;/etc/exim/whitelist-hosts

>     message    = X-Warning: $sender_host_address is in a black list at $dnslist_domain

It's completely untested and I'm just getting that from reading the
docs (chapter 9, section 9.1 and 9.3). Note that if you want to use
wildcards, you'll likely want to try it with nwildlsearch instead of
just lsearch. Read section 9.3 for more detail of the differences.

You just want the single lookup type, so your whitelist file can be
just a single line with a hostname, a hostname with a colon, or a
hostname with a colon and some value (comments) afterwards. Since
you're only looking up the single value, you'll only be looking at the
value before the colon.

If any of this is wrong, I apologize. I don't really use any of this
file based stuff because just about everything I do is stored in a
database. But hopefully it gets you started in the right direction.

Regards...              Todd
--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the