Re: [exim] 4.77: inlist condition

Author: Phil Pennock
To: John Horne
CC: Exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4.77: inlist condition
On 2011-10-14 at 12:54 +0100, John Horne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The Exim 4.77 spec.txt file states for the 'inlist' condition:
>
>     ...the second string is treated as a list of simple
>     strings;

> Is this strictly 'simple', that is, literal strings? No regex?

Correct. The idea was that people were trying to use match_address{}{}
and friends for this and there was too much power, so I added something
which was very simple and did what people were trying to do already.

For regexps, use the forany condition:

${if forany{foo:bar:wibble}{match{$item}{\Ne$\N}}}

Note that conceptually, inlist is equivalent to forany with an eq{}{}
comparison in the test section.

-Phil