Re: [exim] Passing over a redirect (and Sieve filter) router

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Passing over a redirect (and Sieve filter) router
> the next router (well named local_delivery) is not reached...
> instead of, an exim -bt <adress> command gives me:
> >Implicit keep
> >ftg@??? -> inbox
> >*** Error in setting up pipe, file, or autoreply:
> >file_transport unset in userforward router
>
> Firstly, could someone explain to me why a file_transport is needed since
> a "directory delivery" is done?

Because "inbox" does not look like a directory. You should map "inbox"
in the transport to whereever your inbox is stored, like this (untested):

  file = ${if eq{$address_file}{inbox} \
              {$home/Maildir} \
              {${if eq{${substr_0_1:$address_file}}{/} \
                    {$address_file} \
                    {$home/Maildir/.$address_file} \
              }} \
         }