Re: [exim] Synchronising Authentication Between Servers

Author: Drav Sloan
To: Todd Lyons
CC: Colin, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Synchronising Authentication Between Servers
Todd Lyons wrote:
> Temporarily turn off the TLS requirement (comment out that line).
> Configure the client not to use TLS. tcpdump the session and see if
> it's sending the password you think it should.

Personally I prefer to run:

exim -d -bd -oX 4444

And then configure my client to use port 4444. That way you maintain
security and also get a full exim debug output of what is going on.

Tcpdump would be a fallback position.

Also with thunderbird you can enable client debugging

Create a batch file with:

set NSPR_LOG_MODULES=SMTP:5
set NSPR_LOG_FILE=C:\thunderbird.log

start /d "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird" thunderbird.exe

Where NSPR_LOG_FILE is the path to where you want the log file
and the arguement to /d is the location of your thunderbird install.

This will give more insight as to what has been sent on the client
side.

Regards

D.