Re: [exim] Allow authenticated SMTP from one IP Only

Author: Aneesh Joseph
To: Todd Lyons
CC: Exim-users, Sathyavrathan PK
Subject: Re: [exim] Allow authenticated SMTP from one IP Only
Hello Todd,

Thanks for the reply. I have also got another suggestion from Mr.Odhiambo.
I just applied it and it seems working now. I am monitoring to make sure not
one are abusing our SMTP

Her's the suggestion from Mr.Odhiambo

Look for this in your Exim configuration file:
> # Accept if the message arrived over an authenticated connection, from
> # any host. Again, these messages are usually from MUAs, so recipient
> # verification is omitted.
> accept authenticated = *
> Change it to read:
> accept authenticated = a.b.c.d
> You get it?
> --
> Best regards,
> Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
> Nairobi,KE
> +254733744121/+254722743223

Aneesh Joseph | System Administrator | T: +919895012331 |
aneeshjoseph@??? |http://www.hellosystemadmin.com
Chat [image: Google Talk:] aneeshjoseph [image: Skype:] aneeshjoseph
[image: Linkedin] <http://www.linkedin.com/in/aneeshjoseph>[image:
Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=595728820>[image:
Orkut] <http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Profile?rl=fpp&uid=3496974728077767766>[image:
Twitter] <http://twitter.com/hellosysadmn>