Re: [exim] queue runner question

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] queue runner question
On 20/09/2011 17:08, Derek Knapp wrote:
> I have a shell script that adds emails to the queue (using
> /usr/sbin/exim -bS -odq) but every time I check the server there are
> thousands of emails in the queue waiting to be sent.

Pick a couple of samples and check the logs - has an attempt to
send ever been made?

You shouldn't need that many queue runners.  A new one is started
every (whatever you specified), and runs until it has done a full
pass of the queue - this makes the number of runners in progress
self-tuning.  Use "ps" or "exiwhat" to see how many are in progress
at any time.
--
Cheers,
    Jeremy