Re: [exim] Help Spam sending flood from localhost

Author: Phil Pennock
To: The Doctor
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Help Spam sending flood from localhost
On 2011-09-17 at 06:49 -0600, The Doctor wrote:
> First someone tell me how to remove the comment lines from the
> configuration.

With a text editor.

If you're using Unix and editing a local file, then popular choices
include "Kate" (KDE environments) and "gedit" (GNOME environments).

If you're already inside a terminal window, for instance you've logged
onto a machine remotely, then "nano" is popular; it's the GNU version of
"pico", which was the built-in text editor of the old Pine mail-client
(since replaced by Alpine).

You'll also hear "vi" and "emacs" mentioned; they're both incredibly
powerful, but probably overkill at the stage where you are figuring out
how to remove comments from a configuration file. (I use "vim", a vi
variant).

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/unixintro.html

http://rcsg-gsir.imsb-dsgi.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/documents/basic/basic.html

-Phil