Re: [exim] Help Spam sending flood from localhost

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Help Spam sending flood from localhost
The Doctor wrote:
> First someone tell me how to remove the comment lines from the
> configuration.

Don't include them in the first place.

Back up and/or rename the default ~/configure.

Open the default configure file side by side with a blank text file in
your text editor of choice, parse down it in order.

Keep in mind that Exim has 'many' defaults, and they will apply if you
do not put an over-ride into your configure file.

Ergo cut and paste only what you know you need to change NOW or expect
to change SOON (as a reminder..). You may initially comment some of
these OFF even if included.

Then add you own customization (acl creatures which have no defaults,
etc) to the new, smaller file and save it as ~/configure.

The result can be VERY sparse for a starting point, and you have no
'baggage'. Add what you need as you need it.

FWIW, I always add back my OWN comments, plus a 'code' in each acl,
router / transport that is also logged with 'log_message' or (for
testing..) 'logwrite ='.

Makes it easier to search to the associated code in the configure file
when something problematic or otherwise 'of interest' shows up in the
log - as it bears that same tag soemwhere in the log entry , as in 'C6'
- the sixth acl in my acl_smtp_Connect session phase..

Whatever ELSE you do - test before going live - and monitor thereafter!

HTH

Bill
--
韓家標