[exim] Re : Exim as an external filter : how to check recipi…

Author: Christian Gregoire
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re : Exim as an external filter : how to check recipient address existence
>> Having no response (not blaming anyone in this forum, but I was a bit in a
>> hurry), I've eventually developed a custom call forward solution: a Perl daemon
>>
>> is responsible for checking email adresses' validity, and listens on a TCP port
>>
>> wich Exim uses to provide it with an email address and read back its status.
>>The
>>
>> cache is in a MySQL table.
>>
>> Christian

>I'm afraid you may not have had many answers because recipient callouts
>are an inbuilt part of Exim of which Graeme gave a fully working
>example. There really only was one answer to give.

>The "verify = recipient/callout" was the key line you wanted in all of
>that to find the associated documentation. If it wasn't working for you,
>there must have been another router getting in the way, or something in
>the ACLs short circuiting it.

>It seems you may have duplicated Exim core functionality in an external
>daemon.

Actually, in Graeme example (below), I can't see where Exim retrieves the relay
host(s) to check against.

warn domains = +filter_domains:+relay_to_domains
    !verify = recipient/callout=30s,defer_ok,no_cache,use_sender
    set acl_m_VER = REJ--RR6: $acl_verify_message

deny message = Recipient verification failed.
    condition = ${if !eq{$acl_m_VER}{}}

Can you explain please ?

Christian