Re: [exim] Exim as an external filter : how to check recipie…

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim as an external filter : how to check recipient address existence
On 08/09/11 01:16, Christian Gregoire wrote:
> Having no response (not blaming anyone in this forum, but I was a bit in a
> hurry), I've eventually developed a custom call forward solution: a Perl daemon
> is responsible for checking email adresses' validity, and listens on a TCP port
> wich Exim uses to provide it with an email address and read back its status. The
> cache is in a MySQL table.
>
> Christian

I'm afraid you may not have had many answers because recipient callouts
are an inbuilt part of Exim of which Graeme gave a fully working
example. There really only was one answer to give.

The "verify = recipient/callout" was the key line you wanted in all of
that to find the associated documentation. If it wasn't working for you,
there must have been another router getting in the way, or something in
the ACLs short circuiting it.

It seems you may have duplicated Exim core functionality in an external
daemon.