[exim] rate limit question

Author: Oliver Howe
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] rate limit question
Hi,

I am currently checking Sender rates in my log files with this in the config
file

# Log all senders' rates
warn ratelimit = 0 / 1h / strict
     log_message = Sender rate $sender_rate / $sender_rate_period

and it is working as expected apart from I have noticed that some senders
are coming from the same IP number but different hostnames.
So I assume that the IP number is the IP number of their internet connection
and the various hostnames refer to the PCs in their office
network. For example

2011-09-05 14:22:36 H=(xxxTCPTMS02.xxxxxx.com) [4x.18x.6x.6] Warning: Sender
rate 135.9 / 1h
2011-09-05 14:22:55 H=(xxx) [4x.18x.6x.6] Warning: Sender rate 136.2 / 1h

So does that mean that the combined sender rates for both these hosts is
135.9 + 136.2 = 272.1
or is the combined sender rates 136.2 for these two?

My next step is to add some rate limiting levels as this is a shared server
with limited resources.

Thanks,

Oliver