Re: [pcre-dev] centos package, backwards compatibility

Author: Thorsten Schöning
To: Pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] centos package, backwards compatibility
Guten Tag Mike Atkins,
am Mittwoch, 24. August 2011 um 21:06 schrieben Sie:

> so my question is, can anyone confirm full backwards compatibility?

I doubt it, because I'm stuck to an old Borland 5 which ships with
it's own pcre library and I believe that I read somewhere it's
something around version 6. If I do mistakes in the right linking
order, I get failures using pcre_exec because the arguments for
pcre_exec of the Borland Builder and the current for example for
version 8.x I use differ.

Borland:

int pcre_exec(const pcre *code, "const pcre_extra *extra," "const char *subject," int length, int options, int *ovector, int ovecsize);

current:

int pcre_exec(const pcre *code, const pcre_extra *extra, const char *subject, int length, int startoffset, int options, int *ovector, int ovecsize);

As you can see, startoffset is a new argument in the new versions, but
would get passed options in old calls.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme - Hameln | Potsdam | Leipzig

Telefon: Potsdam: 0331-743881-0
E-Mail:  tschoening@???
Web:     http://www.am-soft.de

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Konsumhof 1-5, 14482 Potsdam
Amtsgericht Potsdam HRB 21278 P, Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow