Re: [exim] exim subjecting outbound e-mail to spamd and viru…

Author: Drav Sloan
To: The Doctor
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim subjecting outbound e-mail to spamd and virus checks
The Doctor wrote:

> > [snip]
> >
> > Have you tried exim -d -bh <ip of server>
> >
> > and looked at that?
> >

> That yields

[snip]

You will have to at least go through the SMTP transaction (provide a
MAIL FROM/RCPT TO and DATA sequence) to see what it does. Use one of
the spams as the details to provide to those arguments, not only will
this be an accurate representation of the problem, but will also allow
you to check if your spam checking is "strong enough" if it does get
called.

> That is easier said than done with 300 web sites here.

Guess you better role up your sleeves and get working! A poor web
environment is something you'd really want to avoid for all sorts
of reasons (your present "headache" included).

> In postfix I have both inbound and outbound doing spam checks.\
>
> Certainly exim can do the same.

I refer you to my above statement in my first email:

"Exim only does what Exim is told to do."

You have to configure to do as such.

Regards

D.