Re: [exim] giving some sender hosts a higher priority?

Author: Drav Sloan
To: Oliver Howe
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] giving some sender hosts a higher priority?
Oliver Howe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to give some hosts a higher priority when relaying messages?
>
> As I am relaying for several different hosts (companies) and some of them
> have different expectations than others.
> ie some have time sensitive emails and some arent so bothered about their
> messages being delivered immediately.

Maybe add a queue runner for that/those specific domains into cron?

5 * * * * /path/to/exim -qRdomain

This is a bit brute force and if the queue runs take a while to process
(more than the 5 minute interval suggested in the cron entry) you will
start to get a stack of queue runner processes. You may want to script
it a little bit more robustly than that?

Regards

D.