Re: [exim] exim authorization cram-md5 through sasl2 in ldap

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Ivan Usachev
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim authorization cram-md5 through sasl2 in ldap
On 2011-07-25 at 18:57 +0400, Ivan Usachev wrote:
> Hi! tell me please, is it possible to implement such a scheme
> exim authorization cram-md5 through sasl2 in ldap

Should be, yes.

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch36.html
"Chapter 36 - The cyrus_sasl authenticator"

The LDAP side of things would be configured using "exim.conf" in the
Cyrus SASL directory.

You'll need to have built Exim with AUTH_CYRUS_SASL=yes,
AUTH_LIBS=-lsasl2 and CYRUS_SASLAUTHD_SOCKET defined. It's been a long
time since I checked, but there's a chance that for LDAP you might need
to use CYRUS_PWCHECK_SOCKET instead of CYRUS_SASLAUTHD_SOCKET -- this is
a matter of what Cyrus SASL can provide these days.

-Phil