[exim] ACLs and forward computation of final local_part afte…

Author: Tim Watts
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] ACLs and forward computation of final local_part after redirects
Hi,

I'd like to implement disposable addresses of the form:

user-<randompart>@mydomain

That's easy. What's a little less easy is the blacklist to discard ones
no longer wanted.

I figure I can have a redirect router with a :blackhole: option or an
"acl_smtp_rcpt deny", either checking a list with lookup{}

The redirect router is less desireable as I have to handle mail I no
longer want instead of being able to reject it at SMPT time (whereby the
spammer who now has it might stop bothering me).

The ACL works with a central blacklist quite nicely:

acl_smtp_rcpt
=================

deny    condition = ${if exists{/etc/exim4/mail-blacklist}}
         condition =
${lookup{${local_part}@${domain}}lsearch{/etc/exim4/mail-blacklist}{true}{false}}
    message = unknown user
=================

The redirect router is this:
==============================
wildcard_usernames:
    driver = redirect
    domains = +local_domains
    local_part_suffix = -*
    local_part_suffix_optional
    condition =  ${if def:local_part_suffix}
    data = $local_part@$domain
==============================

But it *would be cute* to have a per user blacklist, in their home dir.

So - is there any way to do a "lookahead" and apply an ACL similar to
above knowing both the original Envelope-To *and* the final $local_part
(ie the system username) after the redirects that strips the throwaway
suffix -* above ?

I might be missing a totally different approach to achieving the same
thing of course - so any opinions welcome :)

Many thanks!

Tim

--
Tim Watts