Re: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag
On Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:30:09 am WJCarpenter wrote:

> (I pay no attention to either of these cases except for occasionally
> looking at the logs out of curiosity. They're both relatively small
> compared to various other brute-force spam attempts and spam attempts
> for active addresses.)

I guess a few posters have missed my point when I wrote I was still accepting
the email as an academic exercise. My whole point in keeping the domain live
year over year is to see how much longer the spam keeps coming, as all the
actual contact senders must have fallen off by now.

I'm strongly considering automating taking all these IP#s and creating my own
local DNS-based blocklist to run all company incoming email through, before
checking other blocklists.

Any opinions on that?

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
Post Office Box 52200, Riverside, CA 92517