Re: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Bill Hayles
CC: <exim-users@exim.org>
Subject: Re: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag

On 7 Jul 2011, at 14:31, Bill Hayles wrote:

>> But why not give users the tools to set up spam filters on the server,
>> where smtp time rejection is an option.
>
> The honest answer is that I don't know how to - only to apply such filters
> on a global scale. Something I need to look into.

We use a web application to write various options into our LDAP directory. There is one eternal problem: once you've seen the data, you can't do individual filtering if there's more than one recipient. However, you can:

At RCPT TO: apply personal blacklists, or DNSBL subscriptions, and so on.

After the data: apply personal filtering options when there's only one recipient remaining. That's the majority of the messages that we receive.

After the data, for messages with more than one recipient: apply filtering that all subscribers have opted for.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex