Re: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag
On Thursday, July 07, 2011 04:30:27 am Ian Eiloart wrote:

> No, you should not bounce spam because the spammer won't know about it, but
> SMTP time rejections will be different. A bonnet host won't keep hammering
> away at a server that consistently refuses its mail.

I'm not sure of that. We used to run an ISP. Back in the dialup days. We
still have the domain name and we keep email on it live, but with no active
email accounts. Strictly as an academic study to see if the email will ever
stop.

We still get tens of thousands of hits every day, almost all from spammers.
They're all refused, no local address. But they keep coming. Year to year
percent of change so far is less than 1%.

I suppose I could create my own blocklists using the data.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
Post Office Box 52200, Riverside, CA 92517