Re: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag
Jan Ingvoldstad wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 10:27, Mike Cardwell
> <exim-users@???>wrote:
>

>> SPF causes mail delivery problems in some scenarios. I don't think
>> anyone would deny that. From my experience, in practice, your email is
>> more likely to be rejected because of a false positive on a spam
>> filtering system than it is to be rejected because of one of these SPF
>> issues. I don't ever see anyone arguing against the use of spam
>> filtering though.
>>

> The difference between spam filtering and SPF is that you can usually get
> around spam filtering.
>
> But to get around a faulty (IMO) SPF record, you can essentially just give
> up.

Perhaps a 'Senior Moment' here - but I *thought* DKIM was the fix to
(some of) the SPF shortcomings, and had become the more widely adopted
toolset?

Mind - not that I use either one (nor greylisting, nor SpamAssassin, nor

YMMV, but if one is to use such things, I suspect DKIM is already the
only one still well-supported.

Bill
--
韓家標