[exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag

Author: Sebastian Tennant
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag
Hi all,

I use a machine (let's say it's called example.org) to compose and send email
with the From header set to my Gmail address (let's say foo@???).

I login to example.org as 'foo' so the envelope sender address is
foo@??? but example.org is not gmail.com and this mismatch between the
>From address and the envelope sender address causes Gmail to flag my message as

suspicious (possibly not originating from the person the message claims to
originate from).

According to Gmail's documentation, in order to convince it that my message is
not suspicious I must publish an SPF record, but IIUC this is not possible in
the above scenario as there's no way I can publish an SPF record for gmail.com
stating that example.org is an authorised sender.

What else can I do to remedy the situation?

Seb
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.