Re: [exim] Exim, 550 unknown local part and Outlook 2007/201…

Autor: Kurt Jaeger
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim, 550 unknown local part and Outlook 2007/2010
Hi!

> >> Anyone ever heard about it ? Does anyone know a fix for this ?
> >> How can one configure Outlook to alert the user about the 550 response ?

> > This, you must ask Microsoft Support. It doesn't appear to have anything to
> > do with Exim.

First, I agree, Microsoft Support should be asked. We all know
what they will answer (Use Exchange), so I'll do that if my other
research leads to a dead-end.

> In general, MUAs are not good at displaying SMTP error messages.
> As a result, I try to avoid giving 5xx and 4xx responses when a
> client has authenticated.

That's interesting. I was not aware that this strategy was common.

> Instead, I'll accept the message and queue
> it or bounce it. That way, the user gets a message in their mailbox,
> with a full description of the error.

Do you have a config snippet that does this ? Thanks!

--
pi@???            +49 171 3101372                         9 years to go !