Re: [exim] Exim mail Header

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim mail Header
Jethro R Binks wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2011, S Pratap Singh wrote:
>
>> I have written a script which processes the incoming mails to the
>> desired destination.
>>
>> But while checking few emails header has Subject line as mentioned below :
>>
>> Subject=>=?UTF-8?B?MAHDIKSANBDKHIDBSIHDSKBDSJDSKBDSJDGSJDBSDBSJDBDJGDSDBSJDB=?=
>>
>> =?UTF-8?B?fsnsmfnbmMNDSAJSDfsnfmsfnbsnNDSJAJSKnfjksnfkDsnjkDsdnDSBSHNSS==?=
>>
>> I am not sure why it is coming like that while processing the mail while
>> reading the email in webmail or email client I am not getting such
>> subject format. I am getting the correct subject line in text format.
>>
>> However sender is not our server I am receiving mails from other
>> destination and asking them to let us know what format they are using to
>> create the mails is not in my hand I am just reading the mails.
>>
>> Is there any way to read the subject line correctly in text format as it
>> is appearing in the email client or webmail .
>
> These appear to be UTF-8 headers, with "B" (base64) encoding.
>
> See RFC2047 ("MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) Part Three:
> Message Header Extensions for Non-ASCII Text") and related.
>
> Your script needs to be able to decode them in the same way that your mail
> client and system do for display.
>
> Jethro.

'Unless' ... you can live with a binary match, and not have to care what
it might 'look' like.

Dead-easy with Forth. Above my current pay-grade as to how to do it with
Exim regex, perl ... or whatever.

FWIW, routing *in the MTA* based on incoming 'Subject:' may not be as
useful as you hope. Fraught with surprises. MUA filter rules are often
an easier place to apply that class of sorting.

On the MTA, it might be more predictably useful if you add an X-header
or use an acl_m variable.

Bill

--
韓家標