Re: [exim] Exim mail Header

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim mail Header
S Pratap Singh wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> I have written a script which processes the incoming mails to the desired
> destination.
>
> But while checking few emails header has Subject line as mentioned below :
>
> Subject=>=?UTF-8?B?MAHDIKSANBDKHIDBSIHDSKBDSJDSKBDSJDGSJDBSDBSJDBDJGDSDBSJDB=?=
>
> =?UTF-8?B?fsnsmfnbmMNDSAJSDfsnfmsfnbsnNDSJAJSKnfjksnfkDsnjkDsdnDSBSHNSS==?=
>
> I am not sure why it is coming like that while processing the mail while
> reading the email in webmail or email client I am not getting such subject
> format. I am getting the correct subject line in text format.
>
> However sender is not our server I am receiving mails from other destination
> and asking them to let us know what format they are using to create the
> mails is not in my hand I am just reading the mails.
>
> Is there any way to read the subject line correctly in text format as it is
> appearing in the email client or webmail .
>
> I hope I am not asking the question at the wrong place. On my server I am
> using Exim as mail server.
>
> Thank you
> Pratap

Exim will *pass unaltered* UTF-8 and other 8-bit subject lines.

But it has no need to display them in their native encoding - that's up
to the MUA.

If you want to peruse logs, messages hung on queue, or look at the raw
mailstore content, you will need an OS on the server that supports, and
has locale set to UTF-8 (or whatever), and/or can use server-resident
utilities - including editors or browsers - that are UTF-8 aware.

Plus, of course, a console - local OR remote - that is ALSO aware.

It can be a mixed bag from one OS to another, but is not an Exim issue.

HTH,

Bill

--
韓家標