Re: [exim] Can I make messages destinated to local user/doma…

Top Pagina
Auteur: W B Hacker
Aan: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Can I make messages destinated to local user/domain go through smarthost
Benoît Taine wrote:
> Le 25/05/2011 11:22, John Burnham a écrit :
>>> -- bar@???
>>> R: system_aliases for bar@???
>>> bar@??? is undeliverable: Unrouteable address
>>>
>>> If I understand, I need to find how to make them routeable at first...
>>>

>> OK, remember that routers are run in order. So if all you want to do
>> is send all email to a smarthost, simply have your smarthost router at
>> the beginning of your routers (well, actually, if all you want is to
>> send all email to the smarthost then you should only need that one
>> router) and make sure there are no conditions in there that won't be
>> met by all the email.
>> How about you posting the routers section of your config ? I'm sure
>> someone will be able to point out any modifications you need.
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> So I need to get rid of all the conf files in /etc/exim4/conf.d/router/
> and just use one for the global configuration? I'd like to know how to
> achieve that.
> Here are the current conf files for the router :
> http://files.esahara.net/other/router.tar.gz
>
> Regards.

Benoît,

As you HAVE the debian/ubuntu-specific split config, so also will you
have complete docs already on that box.

They include the address of the mailing list specific to that sort of
installation and its list archives.

The docs and/or archives SHOULD tell you how to convert from
split-config to Exim's standard monolithic config painlessly, as that
system can use either of them, and AFAIK, documents both.

That change by itself will not solve your current problem, but it needs
to be completed and tested as to 'the basics' before we have a common
starting point from which to offer advice.

While you are at it, testing your upstream and general environment with
the conventional manual utilities, such as ping, ping6, traceroute, dig,
dlint and the like, as well as looking BACK toward your server from the
outside world via a looking-glass server (see traceroute.org) would be a
Very Good Idea.

As a starting point, you need to confirm what can communicate, on what
IP and ports, and in what direction(s), whether IPv4 only, Ipv6 only,
neither or both - whether diverted or firewalled, and what, if anything,
is published in globally available nameservers (and /etc/hosts). Things
can break if these disagree.

You also need more than just a cooperative router. You need either an
unimpeded network environment, or specifics of what you have to work
around.

Ex: When trying to use a smarthost, on what IP, port and with what
protocol does it expect you to submit, and what credentials does it
require? (See upstream's web page or contact their tech support).

Have you tested it with anything else (your MUA, for example).

Otherwise you are limited to guesswork. Far too much of it.

And so are we.

- especially with your partially obfuscated posting..

That was not just an 'RTFM'. That was an UNDERSTAND the manual.

And test. And record what your environment includes.

HTH,

Bill

--
Ciào