[exim] Using verify sender

Autor: Graham Butler
A: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assumpte: [exim] Using verify sender
I am currently looking into adding 'require verify = sender', with no callouts, to our Exim configuration. Unfortunately, my manager went to a conference last week and was informed that adding 'verify sender' was not very wise and could lead to the rejection of legitimate emails.

>From my understanding,' verify sender' is 'confined to verifying that the domain is registered in the DNS' with either a MX or an 'A' address. Rejecting such emails I would have thought would be good practice. I would agree that using 'verify sender' with callout is bad practice.

Is the use of 'verify sender' recommended, and can anybody who has included 'verify sender' give any feed back on any problems they have experienced regarding rejections of legitimate emails.

Graham Butler
Infrastructure Team.
The University of Huddersfield

---