Re: [exim] Problem with TLS connection

Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
A: <exim-users@exim.org>
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Problem with TLS connection
Hill Ruyter <hill@???> (Thu May 19 11:30:40 2011):
> Thank you Heiko I think I understand
> You have correctly surmised that I had 587 in the TLS_on_connect_ports
> list
>
> I had incorrectly thought that I needed to put the port number I was wishing
> to use for TLS connections in this list.
>
> I have changed the configuration to just include 465 in that list now and
> will re-test to see if the problem goes away
>
> It is interesting how my mis-configuration did not show up until the server
> re-booted since this setting has been there for some time.

Probably you just changed the config option. But Exim picks up this option
exactly once at startup. Later changing the configuration does not help
the running daemon. (But it may influence delivery processes started
by that daemon later.)

The reboot caused an Exim restart.

> I will let you know if I have success, if you could run your test again
> Heiko that would be brilliant

    /etc/init.d/exim reload

or (I'm not sure, which name is used by the Ubuntu package)

    /etc/init.d/exim4 reload

should help. If not, replace "reload" by "restart".

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B