Re: [exim] Exim 5.x

Autor: Ian Eiloart
A: <exim-users@exim.org>
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim 5.x

On 18 May 2011, at 15:15, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

> Odhiambo Washington, 2011-05-17 17:46:
>> Yeah, Exim 5 I think is not so far away,
>
> Huh? What makes you think that? I don't see any sign of it.

I guess that with 4.76 we're more than three-quarters done! ;^)

But no, I don't see a sign of 5.0, or even discussion of what desirable radical changes would justify a major version number change. It might just be that we run out of minor version numbers!

For the core server, LEMONADE compliance might be worth a full version bump. Since that requires several distinct changes, it's something that could be the end point of several minor version bumps.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex