著者: W B Hacker
To: exim users
題目: Re: [exim] Mailing list trouble
David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-04-09 at 19:37 +0000, W B Hacker wrote:
>> It is possible - even probable - that the 'mailing list' that the
>> OP has set up DOES operate in such a manner as to (appear to)
>> 'forge' an Envelope-From.
>
> Or, in other words, it just uses the original Envelope-From on the
> message, and forwards to its final destination(s) without mangling it
> in any way.

*trimmed*

> I have plenty of "mailing lists" which are just aliases that expand
> to more than one recipient, and operate in exactly this fashion.

ACK but ..

any 'proper' MLM that wants to succeed in the Wide World is *usually*
better-off if it has acceptable and unique credentials of its own.

tahini, for example, shows the submitting poster in a 'From' header, and
we see each successive envelope-from of earlier stages.

But the critical element - the 'last mile' envelope-from, is that of
tahini, not that of the submitting poster or the intervening MTA.

This is where I believe the OP's 'mailing list' config is at variance
with BCP - not the server.

*trimmed*

>> But we don't know that it is 'broken'.... Not enough information.
>
> We do know that it is broken because he told us so explicitly when
> he said "my companies[sic] mailserver rejects messages coming from
> outside with a sender address from inside".

I hear you.

But the other thing we don't know is how accurately the OP used those
terms.

MY supposition is that IF he had an accurate understanding of the terms,
he would have not had the problem in the first place.

.. and pehaps he *has* twigged to all that and fixed it.

Notice his absence of late..

;-)

Bill