Re: [exim] Mailing list trouble

Autor: David Woodhouse
A: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Mailing list trouble
On Sat, 2011-04-09 at 17:21 +0000, W B Hacker wrote:

> It is ALSO about whether the company is comfortable with you appearing
> to originate traffic from a company *address* (implying server, implying
> official business/company approval) .... when you do NOT.
>
> Your employment can be terminated on that score alone in many of the
> world's jurisdictions.

Nonsense. Imagine he sends mail to one of my users, who happens to
currently be working at a contractor at the same company and has
forwarded his @infradead mail to his account at "work" since that's
where he's spending most of his waking hours. Precisely the same thing
will happen — the broken company mail server will reject the "invalid"
message when it is quite correctly sent on to its intended destination.

The company mail server is broken. Fix it, or if you can't fix it then
just declare it broken and stop trying to use it.

--
dwmw2