Re: [exim] Rejecting RunTogetherSubjects

Autor: Larry Rosenman
A: Karl Schmidt
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Rejecting RunTogetherSubjects

On Fri, April 8, 2011 7:02 pm, Karl Schmidt wrote:
> In the end this works:
>
> deny condition = ${if match {$h_subject:}{\N\S{25}\N}{1}{0}}
>          message = irritating

> The missing secret sauce was the \N before and after the \S{25}
>
> Not exactly sure why?
>

> A couple of comments - this is helping my spam filter do its job.
>
> I would not have "message =" provide a clear reason ( as it helps the bad
> guys), yet some word so
> you can find the reason later.

a trick I use is to set log_message to a string I can find, but that
doesn't get sent to the bad guys:

deny   message       = ${extract{message} {\
                          ${lookup pgsql{select banned_ip,message from \
                          banned_ip where \
                          '${quote_pgsql:$sender_host_address}'  <<=
banned_ip\
                          }}}}
          log_message   = BANNED_IP: ${extract{message} {\
                          ${lookup pgsql{select banned_ip,message from \
                          banned_ip where \
                          '${quote_pgsql:$sender_host_address}'  <<=
banned_ip\
                          }}}}
          hosts         = ${extract{banned_ip} {\
                          ${lookup pgsql{select banned_ip,message from \
                          banned_ip where \
                          '${quote_pgsql:$sender_host_address}' <<=
banned_ip\
                          }}}}

this way I have a custom message in the logs I can use with eximstats, and
can send something different to the bad guys.

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@???
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893