Re: [exim] authenticating from address for outgoing email?

Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] authenticating from address for outgoing email?
Jeff Lasman <blists@???> (Mon Mar 28 01:12:53 2011):
> Mine doesn't. I just sent an email from a return address
> emailname@??? (running on server1) to emailname@??? (running
> on server2), using an outgoing authenticated connection to server3. There
> were no special sender or any other headers.
>
> Does anyone know what setting I'd need for that to happen? Is it considered a
> default configuration? If so what might I have removed?

The example.conf.gz of 4.72 contains at least to lines matching
/control.*=.*submission/.

> > (It's up to the authenticator to set the auth_id to something sensible,
> > and it's up to the "control = submission" ACL statement how to use the
> > auth_id for generating the return path, and the Sender:-header, if at
> > all.)
>
> I've never seen any of this. Can you or anyone else point me to something
> like this?

Check the spec.txt for the above text pattern or check

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch44.html

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B