Re: [exim] A cry for help - are there any plusnet admins out…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: W B Hacker
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] A cry for help - are there any plusnet admins out there ?
Dave Restall - System Administrator,,, wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Guys - please step back a bit - my original email was not intended to
> start a flame war on the merits of sender callouts. Please keep the
> discord to yourselves and think twice. Most of you seem to have latched
> onto the sender callouts and focussed on that, nobody has commented on
> whether I should whitelist a domain because an ISP apparently designed
> a system that sends out administrative emails (including invoices)
> from an address that doesn't exist.

So long as your user community has/does none of the following 'online',
nor wants info by email:

brokerage and bank accounts, credit card, insurance policy, utility
bill, frequent-flyer membership, travel 'deal' alerts, auto rental
bargains, pension .... customer service for those and more....

Basically anyone who sends you money, wants paid, or is trying to do you
a favor you've actually asked for....

..just to ID those that I personally rely on that might need
whitelisting [1]. And not just for sender verifiction reasons...

MOST of these are not onpassing 'sensitive' information. Rather, they
are just a 'heads up' note that something is awaiting attention and one
needs to log-in via a secure website and view the 'real' meassage there.

Waste of time to slam [ the | any ] ISP when it is more often the
originating agency that you actually disagree with.

JM2CW

Bill

[1] If you CAN reliably WL them. That's not a certainty.
American Express for example can NEITHER seem to compose a message that
will pass muster NOR consistently send from the same servers so as to
match a WL.